TD*X Provides Full Scale TDU Operations that are Best in Class
TD*X Associates Full-Scale Thermal Desorption Units
TD*X has designed and operated full scale thermal desorption units (TDUs) since 1987. These units have set benchmarks for contaminant removal, air emissions, productivity and cost performance each time that they have been used. In total, these units have processed over 1,000,000 tons of hazardous waste and PCB contaminated soil and sludge since 1992. For this work, TD*X staff had the following responsibilities:
- Development of process design from newly patented technology
- Specification and selection of major equipment
- Performing and supervising detailed design and construction of these units, including generation of detailed design drawings, coordinating the activities of designers, and preparation of complete 3-D computer models to control design and fabrication of TDU systems and modifications
- Directing pre-delivery performance testing at fabrication shop
- Preparing full RCRA and TSCA permit submittals on Part B RCRA permitted sites and for multiple Superfund cleanup projects
- Directing the installation of these units at multiple RCRA and Superfund site cleanup projects
- Day-to-day direction and supervision of field operations staffs of up to 45 engineers, operators and technicians in these operations. Safely treated over 1,000,000 tons of RCRA waste, HSM and contaminated soil.
- Performe demanding S.I.T.E. demonstrations, working with USEPA and their demo test subcontractor to develop and implement a comprehensive test plan. Unit performance was characterized for contaminant removal, air emissions, engineering parameters, reliability, and operating economics. Results produced some of the most impressive operating data for a thermal desorber ever evaluated under the S.I.T.E. (or similar) program.
- Currently employ 70 operations, engineering and management professionals at our three operating TDU sites, plus field services locations.
Contact TD*X Associates LP
TD*X is a technology development firm providing low temperature thermal desorption services for over 35 years and thus being the world leader in thermal desorption technology. Contact us for more information on our services.